An Outline
Main Idea: The sections “The Grand Inquisitor” and “Notes of the Life in God of the Elder Zosima” combined with “Conversations and Exhortations of Father Zosima” were both refered to as the culminating point of the Brother’s Karmazov. Why?
Answers:
I. Rebellion VS. Faith: the conflict of the novel.
A. Characters and symbols.
B. It’s okay to ask the questions.
II. Why the Grand Inquisitor? What was its purpose?
A. You must identify and ask the questions before you are ready the learn the answer. (In between chapters given to us to ponder and soul search before answer are given)
B. Various Interpretations
C. What Dostoevsky said.
III. How Notes and Conversations answer the questions raised in Grand Inquisitor.
A. Why did your mom do that?
B. What’s the deal with your face?
C. My llama is faster than yours.
D. Can’t you see I’m sleeping here?
III.
ReplyDeleteA. My mom did that because she lived through raising 5 teenagers.
B. My face was bitten by a 6 month old this morning, BACK OFF.
C. That's probably true, my llama is quite poky.
D. No, I can't see. Maybe you should come to my house and sleep on my couch so I CAN see.
Love,
Michelle