it is the belief in roses that makes them flourish

Saturday, November 13, 2010

you don't know enough to know what to ask.

  Inbetween molecules of oxegyn and carbon dioxide.
Only in dreams we see what it means.
And so it seems, only in dreams

I don't like being in charge. I'd almost prefer the leaderless mob. Won't you take lead? I'd really feel much better. Maybe the sinking in my stomach would go away. Maybe we would both think of me less as a jerk, and more as the girl over there, you know, with the red shoes.
My red shoes have almost no sole. But they sure do have soul. Feel the ground underneath your feet, every dip, crack and pebble. yo.
Sweet hat? I know. Life is all so much better. Chilling and whatnot. Work hard, play hard, and sleep whenever that ten minute window presents itself. Bring on the music, let in fill all those hurt spots and see if you don't come out a little brighter. Pray with all the heart you've got left. Stop worrying about others or self. Do good. Be good. Kindess may come back and explode all over you in a terrible way. But why worry about it. Kindness is too lovely to give up. So is music. The flow, the carrying of your heart. Melody merged with memory.
I like seeing you smile.
I know a woman with three kids. I love her. I am proud of her. I know a girl who gives up what she wants every time, for what God wants. Selfless. I know a boy who changed so fundamentally, because he believed God would help him change. There is no one I love more. I know a hill with my name on it. I went there for the sunsets. I know a hill far away from the other, covered in yellow flowers. I went there for the sunrises. There is a hill in my back yard, where the stars have shined brighter than all other nights in all other places for me. My grandmothers grew roses and raspberries. It takes a woman of faith to plant a seed. Laughter is the music that joy makes. Those women planted the seeds of joy, and laughter and rose smell wafted through our lives.
Sometime, we'll all come back together.

There, you have it now.
Take care not to mistake me for what I look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment