He said
It is a mark of the unyielded self to argue the case, to try to explain, to justify oneself.
Oh, I know that's been me all too often
'For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry.'' We do not classify stubbornness with iniquity and idolatry, but God does! He says, ''I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye. Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule,which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and
bridle, lest they come near unto thee'' (Ps. 32:8, 9). We are frequently compared to various animals in the Scriptures, and some of the comparisons are not very complimentary! God wanted to instruct Saul in the way he should go and guide him with His eye, but Saul was as stubborn as a mule. Someone has said that a mule is always backward about going forward. Certainly Saul would not be guided by the will of God.
Stubbornness. We must bend ourselves to God's will. It is best. It is always best. I've learned that lesson the hard way, and I don't want to make Him try to teach it to me again. Learn the lesson the first time and let it stick.
I want to be a soul guided by God. I want to repent.
No comments:
Post a Comment