it is the belief in roses that makes them flourish

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

up

You see, the problem is exhaustion. I need it. If I wanted to sleep tonight, I should have not taken a nap today. Sure, I only got a good five last night, about the same the night before, and the night before that? Two hours awake on a rock with a very bright gibbous moon, and 4 hours half asleep in a tent. Still, in order to be able to sleep at hours I ought to, that state of exhaustion is very important. Today, I ruined it. Can you imagine? Months of hard work down the drain. Hello 4 AM, how's the wife and kids?
    And what's worse? My brain is so full with all you kids give it to sort through, that it STILL wants to be up. What good does it do? All the thinking doesn't change anything, so why not ride the pillow to the end of the rainbow to oblivion? Because I can't stand it. Sleep is death still breathing.
    No, don't you worry. I'll make myself get to it, like eating vegetables or going running.   

No comments:

Post a Comment