it is the belief in roses that makes them flourish

Saturday, May 7, 2011

wop diddily shwop

There are a number of things that it's silly to be good at...that I'm good at, frosting cookies, doctoring animals, taking people to the emergency room, balancing in precarious positions, hide and go seek, understanding people who try to talk to me while they brush their teeth, sleeping in unusual places...you get the point. Then there are things that would be useful to be good at that I'm not like math tests, dating, speaking english, or any other languages for that matter, or playing the piano. I still try though. And then there are silly things I'm not amazing at, but still really reallly REALLLLY enjoy. Today this list included: 
(1.) The satisfaction of putting a baby back to sleep by finding it's binki and reinserting it, (it's like magic!) I don't even mind waking up for it...but then again ... well you know me.
(2.) Baking surprise birthday cakes (especially when you know how to make a funfetti cake come out pink...and it's for your brother)
(3.) Doing other peoples dishes.

Point three leads to a new point. And you may question why I claim not to be amazing at this yet The binki thing I'm just still learning, the cake, well it's a bit crispy, but dishes? Well maybe you already knew this, you may have grown up watching the Brady Bunch. I did not. So as a warning... DO NOT use liquid dish-soap in the dishwasher. 

It will not go well. 


But if you ever need some really good midnight pancakes, you know where to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment