it is the belief in roses that makes them flourish

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

mid-sentence

Best quotes from this Christmas:

-"I'm playing Mary, but my real name is {insert name here} and I'm with child." 
-In his mock angry yelling voice, "ALRIGHT! Everybody sit DOWN and have a NICE time!"
-"Flying helplessly through the air...like a piece of baloney."
-"I don't want to go. You can't MAKE me! ...I wish there WERE such a thing as super glue, so I could glue myself here."

Best moments: 

After taking captive a very amiable hostage, we spies set aside our guns to play Loot with the ransomee inside our pirate cave. We even had a candle. 

Reading a Christmas carol out loud, and doing the voices. 


Ever sketchy, always instructive and interesting lock picking lessons. 

A family Christmas pageant. We were short handed, so I was both a shepherd and wiseman. The donkey was especially brave since our family has a long established tradition of urging the donkey forward with good solid spanks.


Music time with the trumpet players. 


Trampoline time and tickle torture: standard play.

Listening to old songs being played on a harmonica, echo over the dam and down the river canyon. 

Pow-wow on grandpa's bed, with daddy, the grandkids, and the kitten, to watch old movies. 


Games: from giant checkers to banana grams and much stacked in between.

Food so good and in such abundance we set up a dozen people to hibernate for the rest of the winter. 

Prayer and Hugs each night before bed. 

Fires in a wood stove. 

Christmas songs played on the piano. 


Presents wrapped with Sunday Funnies

Presents wrapped like modern art. 


Silly pajama ..(and silly people) ...time. 

Merry Christmas Kids. 
I hope you all had fun with your families. If you need some more, come get adopted into mine. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks & sounds like a FABULOUS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete