it is the belief in roses that makes them flourish

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Lining


Storm clouds are the sliver lining of my life. I love all they bring. I love wind, the way it feels, the way it sounds. I love rain drops wetting me through, or watching them drip. I like watching them drop from branches and race down window panes. Thunder, like the deep voice of a good friend, calls out. And lightening, well it's like god has made a fireworks show that puts our independence day attempts to shame. I even like the power outages. Candlelight and whatnot.   
Some people don't like this kind of weather. They only like it when it's sunny. I like that too, but too long in the sunshine and  even the most resilient shrink and shrivel. 
I'm just saying, those stormy bits let you see the silver, the hope of what grows after you battle it out and show nature you are equal to the task.  

No comments:

Post a Comment