it is the belief in roses that makes them flourish

Monday, February 20, 2012

For a Friend

Three seemed appropriate. 


Lack. 

I saw this sunrise the other day. It happens, and wasn't really happenstance, that I happened to be driving down a back road. The kind that's paved, but only just. The farms were nestled in between the hills, and the fields were all layered in snow. Light has a special way of moving at morning. A bluish caressing that lights upon the surface and seems to sink in for a moment before evaporating into clouds, and leaves it with a softening glow that waits and lingers, just to make sure you caught it. 

As one saying, blessing I will bless thee. Go on. 

An hour before, there was naught but the dark, and it was the heavy kind, that weighs your lids and your heart down. I could barely sustain. But then such a curious thing came Glowing brightly in the east. It was small, single and slender. But it came as a promise and sign. Night does not last. 
Soldier on, soldier. All the stars are shining on you, hope is coming and you will make it through.

...

Still don't know? Try 1526.


No comments:

Post a Comment